IELTS Band Score
In fact, when you sign up, you should start taking your IELTS test, but before that, try to understand the sample score. Here how is IELTS band score calculated in IELTS examination explained by the best IELTS coaching in Hyderabad.
At the same time, you should keep in mind that there are no transitions or failures in IELTS, as scores are grouped according to a 9-point system.
IELTS Band Score Calculation
Understand the IELTS scoring system
IELTS consists of four parts and you will get a person grade for each part and a general grade, which will be a regular of all four parts. You get a score on a scale of 0 to 9, which is described as a group. So, let’s say that if you have a total score of 8, it means that you have achieved 8 groups.
Please note that if the average of all four sections ends in .25, the total score will be added to the next half of the round, and if the score ends in .75, then the score will be rounded to the next full number. But if the score is less than .25 or .75, the total score is summed. Here are various examples to assist you appreciate:
- Listening: 8 + Reading: 7.5 + Writing: 7.5 + Conversation: 6 = 29 (total points)
- Divide by 29/4 = 7.25 (the score ends at .25 to be rounded to the next half point)
- Total group result = 7.5
- Listening: 8.5 + Reading: 8 + Writing: 8.5 + Conversation: 7.5 = 32.5
- Divide by 32.5 / 4 = 8.125 (the score ends with a fraction below. 25 to complete the next round)
- Thus, the total set will be 8. Total group score = 8.0
- Listening: 4+ Reading: 4.5 + Writing: 4 + Conversation: 3 = 15.5
- Distribution: 15.5 / 4 = 3.875 (points above .75 end up in the next round)
- Thus, the total score of the group will be 4 total points of the group = 4.0
IELTS scale table 9
Note that both the academic IELTS test and the general IELTS test are grouped into 9 scales:
- Expert User (9): The examiner has full command of the language. Their use of English is suitable, accurate and flowing, and demonstrates a thorough thoughtful.
- Very good user (8): The examiner has perfect practical command of the language, which only occasionally has systematic inaccuracies and misuse. They might misinterpret some things in strange situations. They switch complex and detailed arguments well.
- Good user (7): The auditor has a practical familiarity of the language, although sometimes inaccuracies, unfortunate use and misinterpretations in some cases. They habitually manage complex languages well and appreciate detailed arguments.
- Competent user (6): The auditor has an efficient familiarity of the language, regardless of some inaccuracies, maltreatment and misinterpretations. They can use and understand very complex language, especially in familiar situations.
- Humble user (5): The auditor knows part of the language and in most cases decides the general meaning, although they are likely to make many mistakes. They need to be able to manage key communication in their field.
- Limited user (4): The examiner’s basic competence is limited to familiar situations. They often point to problems in comprehension and expression. They cannot use complex language.
- Extremely Limited User (3): The examiner explains and understands the common meaning in very familiar situations. There are frequent failures in communication.
- Intermediate user (2): The examiner has difficulty in understanding English orally and in writing.
- User (1): The examiner is not able to use the language except for a few individual words.
- Did not test (0): The examiner did not answer the questions.
The Test Report Form (TRF)
You will receive a test report sheet that shows the IELTS band score in each of the four modules, i.e. listening, reading, writing and speaking, as well as the total IELTS band score of the group. Also, semicolon scores can be shown to be strong indicators within a specific group.
If you are not satisfied with the results, then you can apply for a repeat mark at the same center where you took the exam. However, submit your application no later than six weeks after the test date. You can also choose which test items will be re-registered, and for this service is a fee, which will be refunded if your IELTS band score on any item increases. Ask the best study in Italy consultant to help you in your exams to score 9 in your IELTS test.