It can be called a Panini Press, Toastie Maker or Sandwich Maker. However, they all have the same purpose of making delicious snacks and are easy to clean. We will go through how to clean a sandwich maker and guide you along the way.
Sandwich makers are the best friend of toasties at home. There is no better place to enjoy hot toasties than at home with all your favourite ingredients.
What’s the difference between a Panini press and a Panini grill? You can make a quick masterpiece and then relax on the couch while you watch Netflix.
These are amazing benefits, but it is important to clean a sandwich press if you want to continue making delicious paninis. Most panini grills can be cleaned easily, and we will show you how to clean sandwich presses.
Table of Contents
4 Easy Steps To Cleaning Your Sandwich Maker
It is easy to clean a grill or panini press, especially if it has removable plates. If it doesn’t have removable plates, don’t worry. These simple steps will ensure that your panini press is clean and ready to use after you have created some delicious sandwich recipes. Also, these steps will work great for cleaning a grill sandwich machine.
You can skip these 5 steps if yours are not removable!
Step 1: Turn the sandwich maker off and unplug it.
Before you begin cleaning a panini press, be sure to turn it off completely and unplug it.
Start cleaning the device while it is still hot and unplugged. This will remove any oily or crumbs that may have remained.
Step 2: Remove the removable plates
How to clean a panini press with removable plates
Use oven mitts to eliminate the plates and wash them in the sink.
You can put the dishes in your dishwasher if they are dishwasher-safe. It is important to check the instructions manual before you put them in the dishwasher. Otherwise, it may cause damage.
Step 3: Use a sponge or cloth to wipe down the plates
Step 3 is so simple; you’ll be amazed at how easy it is to clean a panini machine.
Use a warm, soapy sponge or cloth to wipe the plates clean. Next, wipe the surface clean and firmly again. Rub any food remnants that might remain. Be aware of any grooves on the plates where food may get stuck.
Step 4: Are you still struggling with the residue between your grooves?
If it is still difficult to remove the grime from the grooves, you can try this tip: Grab a chopstick or the flat end of a butterknife and wrap it in a damp dishcloth. Then, clean the grooves again to loosen any dirt. Also, cleaning a grill tandoor like this can also bring you good results.
Cleaning Non-Removable Plates
These are the four steps to cleaning a sandwich maker with non-removable plates. In no time, you’ll be able to clean your panini press and prepare delicious toastie recipes.
Step 1: Turn it off.
Turn it off and unplug the device.
Step 2: Remove all excess food
Use a dry cloth to get rid of any crumbs.
Step 3: Use a soapy sponge
Use a sponge or cloth to remove any excess water. Use your cloth to wipe the plates clean. If there are any residues, make sure to soap the cloth again before wiping it clean.
Step 4: Use a dry cloth
To finish cleaning the plates, use a dry cloth to wipe them down once more. You can then wipe the exterior with a dry cloth, paper towel or a damp cloth.
Tips for Cleaning a Panini Press/Sandwich Maker
- Avoid putting your press in water or in the dishwasher, as this can damage the electrical circuit.
- It is important to make sure the appliance is completely unplugged before you clean it.
- Use nonstick coating-damaging cleaning products such as brushes and heavy-duty cleaning tools on plates. We hope got a better cleaning idea about how to clean panini grills and sandwich makers. Also, what to avoid doing to it during cleaning. Happy sandwich eating.
Use Panini Presses or Sandwich Makers as a Bonus Tip
- Before cleaning your sandwich maker, make sure to read the instructions carefully.
- To prevent your sandwich maker from sticking, you can use a little olive oil, butter, and margarine to coat the bread outside. You can also take help of nonstick cooking spray to coat the plates. This will give you a crispier crust that is golden brown.
- After trying all the steps above, if you still have problems with sticky residue, soak a paper towel in warm soapy water. Let it sit for 10 minutes on the plates, then wipe them clean again. This will help to break down any residue.
- You can save time cleaning by preheating your oven before you place your toastie. This will ensure that nothing sticks.