You can make millions or lose millions on the stock exchange. We figure out how much money you need to start investing or crypto investment, how to choose a broker and is there a guaranteed way to get rich by trading on the stock exchange.
Why invest and is it right for me?
Assume you have a bank deposit, but you are unhappy with the interest rate since it is too low, and you want to earn more. But you must understand: the higher the opportunity to earn, the higher the probability of losing all the money. If you are aware of the risks and you have free funds, it may be worth learning to invest in securities that are traded on the stock exchange.
The simplest method for a newbie is to purchase stocks and then sell them at a higher price after a set period of time, therefore earning money. The most important thing to remember is that profit is the product of well-planned activities, not luck, as it is in a casino. Not a game, but a job.
If you’re just getting started, don’t stress. You may often start an account with no money down. (Check out our list of the best brokers for new investors.) Of course, you aren’t investing until you deposit funds into the account, which you should do on a regular basis for the best returns. If your work allows it, you can set up automatic transfers from your checking account to your investing account, or even directly from your paycheck.
I want to try. Where to begin?
The modern exchange is computerized; you can trade without leaving your sofa by using the Internet. However, this necessitates the use of an intermediary – a corporation with an exchange trading authorization. Before you go looking for it, make a few key decisions for yourself.
- Estimate how much you are willing to invest. Theoretically, you can start with any amount, even with 1000 rubles. However, such a volume does not account for the commission paid to an intermediary or the time spent trading. If you are willing to risk several tens of thousands of rubles, it is worthwhile to begin investing. It is better to imagine a situation in which you will lose your money in advance. If you understand that this is not a disaster for your budget, you can try.
- Consider how much time you are willing to spend. You can try trading on your own if you are willing to get trained, immerse yourself in the topic, study statistics and stock reports in the morning, and monitor the charts during the day. Then you’ll need a broker to act as an intermediary between you and the exchange. You will make your own purchasing and selling decisions, and the broker will carry out your wishes.
- Choose a strategy and assets. Decide what you will invest in. Stick to a certain strategy.
A strategy is a set of investment characteristics that influence your trading style on the exchange: what assets you trade, how often you sell, and what judgments you make (for example, do you watch news that affect the market).
Common mistakes: what not to do.
- You can’t invest everything you have in stocks.First, put money aside for living needs and unforeseen expenses. Don’t act randomly – get trained. If you decide to trade on the stock exchange on your own, be sure to complete the training. Most brokers run courses for beginner investors. Many trading applications include a demo mode, which allows you to practice without risking any money.
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. It is preferable to purchase assets from organizations in several industries. When oil prices fall, for example, the securities of all oil and gas businesses suffer. You can lower your chance of losing money by purchasing securities from corporations in diverse sectors of the economy, such as the chemical industry, engineering, and telecommunications (or, as financiers say, diversify risks).
- Do not believe promises to earn 500% per day. Only charlatans can’t guarantee anything in the stock market. A reputable broker should also tell you about the dangers. The situation on the exchange might change at any time, and you are solely responsible for your actions.