In today’s tech-savvy busy world, people expect enjoyable, useful and gratifying experience that is fast, responsive and efficient. And this holds true even when it comes to any digital experience.
User Interface (UI) and User Experience Design (UX) play an imperative role in creating an astounding impact on the minds of the users, thereby determining consumer-level success of your websites and mobile apps.
What is UI & UX design?
The User Interface Design (UI Design) is concerned not only with the appearance & visual styling of an app, website or video games, but also includes developing its Graphical User Interface or Voice-Controlled Interface or Gesture Based Interface to ensure that the product interface conveys brand’s strength and offers the end user an unsurpassed experience when he navigates through the digital product. Furthermore, a UI Designer is responsible for enhancing the aesthetics in every possible way so as to hook the end user-be it the designing of each individual screen, pages, banners, icons & buttons including its arrangement on a screen, typography, colour schemes, images, interface animations, transitions and any other micro interactions etc.
The User Experience (UX) Design pertains to the experience the end user has on his complete journey with the product, web application or the website. UX Designer is responsible for building a convenient, smooth, pleasant, efficient, logical and intuitive user experience by understanding the target audiences, their preferences, their concerns, tastes as well as competition etc. He collaborates with stakeholders, UI designers & developers etc. besides building wire frames, Information architecture, prototypes and testing them to ensure a delightful user experience, thereby accumulating consumer loyalty and a positive brand perception.
- In order to be eligible for graduation, the students must have cleared their class 12th from a recognised board in any discipline.
- In order to be eligible for masters, students must have cleared their graduation with at least 50% marks from a recognised university.
Qualifications gained on completion of UI/UX Design course:
- Research & Analytical skills: UX/UI Designers must be capable of identifying the ideal candidates, do unstructured discussions, conduct focused group study, open ended surveys besides observing users under test conditions or in their natural environment. They must be able to analyze qualitative as well as quantitative data so as to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Wire framing and prototyping skills: Basis the consumer research and the client’s requirements, UI/UX designers must identify the features to be displayed, their visual representation, their position, menus, buttons etc. and craft wireframes. On approval of wireframes, prototypes (mockups) are developed for testing utilizing tools like Invision or Marvel etc. Post the required iterations, final high-fidelity design (final mockup) of the product, is built to resemble the final coded product.
- Coding Skills: Basic understanding of coding like HTML and CSS etc. will help UI/UX designers to carry out minor iterations in the website and/or app without the developer’s help. Furthermore, they will be able to understand software architectural constraints and thus can collaborate more efficiently with software engineers to develop more realistic designs.
- Information architecture skills: UI/UX designers must be adept in Information Architecture for it includes efficient structuring, labeling, organising and placement of information such that the user has hassle free delightful experience.
- Visual communication skills: UX/UI designers must ensure efficient use of visual cues to direct the user to their desired information or next steps with minimal written instructions. Visual Communication skills will help UI/UX designers to ensure that end users are offered an intuitive experience.
Click and register now for UI/UX course and leave your signature on the digital world.