Among the leading accounting and wealth management applications, QuickBooks Desktop is the one quite famous with hundreds of businesses throughout the world. However, technical errors can hinder the performance of even outstanding applications, like QuickBooks. Through this post, we are going to talk about QuickBooks error 15311, which falls under the category of 15XXX errors and usually occurs when users try to download updates of their QuickBooks Desktop applications. An error message pops up on the computer screen stating, “QuickBooks could not verify the digital signature for the update file.” We intend to discuss the reasons that can be behind the occurrence of such an update error in QuickBooks, alongside the troubleshooting fixes.
Are you looking for instant troubleshooting assistance to get over QuickBooks error 15311? If yes, feel free to talk to our QuickBooks professionals at +1 800-579-9430.
What are the factors behind the occurrence of QuickBooks update error 15311?
Below, we have mentioned the most common factors due to which users face QuickBooks update error 15311:
- Internet Explorer has been failing to verify the digital signature to download QuickBooks updates.
- There can be some issues with previous updates of QuickBooks Desktop.
Follow this article to fix QuickBooks error 15240
What should be done to get rid of QuickBooks error 15311?
Solution 1) Get a digital signature certificate for QuickBooks Desktop
- Open the Windows Start menu by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Type “Windows Explorer” into the search box and select Windows Explorer.
- Double-click on the C: drive and navigate to the following location: Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- In the QuickBooks folder, find the exefile and right-click on it.
- From the side menu, select the Properties
- Under the Digital Signaturetab, click on the Details
- Select theView Certificate
- Go to the General tab and click on the Install Certificate
- On the Certificate Import Wizardwindow, make certain that there is Store Location in Current User.
- Click on the Next button and then select the Finish
- When you notice the Import was Successfulnotification, click on the OK
- Open QuickBooks Desktop, try to download its update, and check whether you get any error.
Solution 2) Reset updates in your QuickBooks Desktop application
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and go to the Help
- From the drop-down menu, select the Update QuickBooks
- Under the Update Nowtab, select the Reset the Updates
- Click on the Get Updates button to download the latest updates of QuickBooks Desktop again.
- Once the downloading of QuickBooks updates is done, exit QuickBooks Desktop and relaunch it.
- When QuickBooks prompts you to install the downloaded updates, select the Install Now
In case you get QuickBooks error 15311 while updating QuickBooks Desktop even after following the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above in the post, then there can be some corruption in the installation files of QuickBooks Desktop. Therefore, our suggestion for you is to try to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop in the Windows Safe mode. You can also overcome QuickBooks update error 15311 instantly by contacting our QuickBooks professionals at +1 800-579-9430.
Related article :- QuickBooks error 40001